Bamboo Sheets Buying Guide
What Are Bamboo Sheets?
When mentioning bamboo sheets, one might conclude that such sheets might be hard as they might think of bamboo in its natural state. However, bamboo is everything but uncomfortable. Bamboo sheets are known to be more durable and have cooling abilities. It is actually improving the sleep of thousands of consumers worldwide.
So how are they made? When making the bamboo bed sheets, comforters, or duvet covers, the most important ingredient involved is the bamboo plant. This creates the durability that enables consumers to keep their sheets for long years without a thought to change back to typical cotton fabrics.
Although bamboo sheets are becoming more known to sheet lovers all across the globe, they certainly are not all the same. There are currently four different types of materials that vary.
Types of Bamboo Sheets
- 100% Bamboo Rayon Viscose is one of the most popularly sold bamboo sheets. In order to create such luxurious sheets, the fabric undergoes an intricate process which differs from the chemicals used and how environment-friendly it is. The best choice in bamboo rayon sheets is definitely the ones made with a very systematic method. One concern about this type of bamboo linen is the way in which its chemicals are thrown away after use. In this way, it is a great rule of thumb to avoid bed sheets treated with chlorine or zinc sulphate.
- Bamboo linen is another quality option made with the same technique as with linen fabric with flax and hemp. One common complaint with this bamboo fabric is that it easily wrinkles and is a bit harder than other bamboo sheets. In this way, it is a high-maintenance material requiring constant upkeep.
- Cotton mixed bamboo typically makes up to 40% of bed sheets while the other 60% is bamboo rayon. Because of the mix of materials used, it is more durable than the average genuine bamboo sheets.
- Genuine Bamboo Lyocell The lyocell sheets are best known as the most durable materials. The material is made of raw bamboo which is joined together with a non-toxic solution. When mixed with water, it can be used again which produces a closed loop system. In this way, all traces of toxic agents are eliminated. The genuine 100% bamboo lyocell is hands down, the superior material over rayon.
- Sateen Bamboo is a weave material used to produce the very best quality high thread bed sheets. It is made with a one-yarn under three-yarn over technique which creates thick sheets that last longer.
The Surprising Advantages of Bamboo Bed Sheets
Bamboo bed sheets are becoming the go-to choice for consumers who are looking for top quality. This is because of its many benefits:
- Breathable Fabric – Bamboo sheets do not hold heat within its fibers. This means users experience less sweating and frustration.
- Comfortable – Tell old cotton bed sheets to get lost! The organize bamboo sheets are the most incredibly comfortable and soft to touch.
- Environmentally Friendly – If customers want to find improved comfort, bamboo sheets are a great option. All material is completely natural and harmless. Bamboo sheets are preventative for those suffering allergies as they keep pesky dust mites and bacteria away. This is an amazing option for those fighting diseases that need clean surroundings. Great option for children as well!
What to Look for When Buying Bamboo Bedding Sets?
At this point, readers might be wondering what qualities to look for in order to make the right purchase. With so many customers not finding satisfaction in their purchases, here are essential characteristics:
- Antibacterial Sheets – prevents sickness and the spreading of it.
- Non-toxic – keeps toxins away keeping users in healthy environment.
- Prevents Dust Mites – keeps small bugs that are too small for the human eye to see out of bed and away from the body.
- Amount of Bamboo Used in Composition – Customers can know how much bamboo material is included by checking the amount of bamboo versus additional fabrics. In this way, shoppers can avoid false versions on the market.
- Shrinkage Factor helps you know whether bamboo sheets are prone to shrinking. Some sheets come pre-shrunk so that further shrinkage is reduced.
One rule of thumb when shopping for bamboo bedding is to be aware of the sheets that are already pre-shrunk. Keep an eye out for those that can fit the contemporary mattress of your choice. The top choices are anything from King Single to Mega King.
Organic Vs Synthetic Bed Sheets
One question to consider is whether your bamboo sheets are 100% authentic or simply a blend. Keep in mind that the top-quality linens are organic and grown bamboo. The level of softness will tell because organic bamboo sheets are softer than the best cotton linens.
Best Thread Count for Bamboo Sheets
Bamboo sheets are of the softest texture with some made of eucalyptus and hemp. Because of this many are sold with 250 to 350 thread count. Some organic bamboo sheet sets made of rayon are of greater quality than a cotton linen of 1000 thread count. By choosing 250 count customers can save money and receive great quality. Purchasing anything more will deem more expensive.
Perks Cooling Bed Sheets
Purchasing cooling bed sheets are the best option for many customers. For those who experience night sweats, menopause, or other uncomfortable circumstances, cooling sheets keep heat out of the bed while offering ventilation.
How to Find High-Quality Bamboo Sheet Sets?
When shopping for the best quality bamboo sheets it is a smart move to check out the details included on the bamboo sheet set. Look out for important clues like thread count, materials included in the manufacturing process, shrinkage factor (whether the material has been pre-shrunk or not) and mite resistance. These factors will help prevent customers from purchasing a less-than-perfect version of the real thing. Refer to these details to find the very best quality bamboo sheets while maintaining a decent budget.
Bamboo Vs. Cotton Sheets
Comfortability – Cotton sheets do have the tendency to be quite comfortable. They provide breathability. High-quality bamboo sheets, however, have greater ability to provide comfort. The best thing about this texture is that it does not respond to the human body’s perspiration. All forms of moisture are instantly absorbed leaving sheets clean for longer periods of time.
Health – Although cotton sheets are soft to the touch, they do not provide health benefits. Bamboo sheets, however, offer numerous health benefits such as bacterial and mite reduction. This is especially great for those who suffer from asthma and lung problems. Bamboo linens have healing qualities that help improve health issues.
Taking Care of Your Bamboo Sheets
Caring for bamboo sheets, comforters, and duvet covers is most essential to their longevity. Here are some great tips for keeping new sheets in the best shape possible, even if we’re talking about king size bamboo sheets.
- Wash in cold water. Bamboo bedding is best when washed in cold water. You may also use warm water. One rule of thumb is to check if the set has been preshrunk. If not, proceed to wash new bamboo sheets in hot water so that the fabric shrinks to the proper size.
- Dry using gentle cycle option to ensure the best results. Avoid leaving sheets outdoors to dry.
- Join similar colors. Avoid combining different colors together so that bleeding does not occur. Keep whites, colors and darks separate at all times.
- Join similar materials. Just like with colors, keep similar materials together and those that are different separate. In doing so, consumers will avoid premature wear and tear.
- Avoid bleach and fabric softeners. Bamboo sheets are naturally plush and therefore do not need additional softening. Also, harsh chemicals like bleach or dryer strips will compromise the soft texture. Keep away from fabric additives.
- Stick with organic stain removers. Before washing sheets try spot treating with cleaners that do not include harsh chemicals. Try using natural Castile soap with baking soda to the stain instead.