Bamboo Sheets Buying Guide
One might conclude that such products might be hard. It happens as they might think of bamboo in its natural state. However, it is everything but uncomfortable.
Such items are more durable and have cooling abilities. It is actually improving the sleep of thousands of consumers worldwide.
So how are they made? The most important ingredient involved is the bamboo plant. We use it to make the bamboo bed sheets, comforters, or duvet covers. This creates durability and enables to keep the them for long years. People don’t even think about changing back to typical cotton fabrics. Such bedding is becoming more known all across the globe. But sets are not all the same. There are four different materials.
What Types Are There?
- 100% Bamboo Rayon Viscose is one of the most popular bamboo sheets. To create such a luxurious product, the fabric undergoes an intricate process. It differs from the chemicals used and how environment-friendly it is. The best choice in bamboo rayon sheets is definitely the ones made with a very systematic method. One concern about this type of bamboo linen is the way how to use chemicals after use. In this way, it is a great rule of thumb to avoid bed sheets treated with chlorine or zinc sulfate.
- Bamboo linen is another quality option. It follows the same technique as a linen fabric with flax and hemp does. There’s a complaint with this bamboo fabric. People say it easily wrinkles and is harder than other bamboo sheets
In this way, it is a high-maintenance material requiring constant upkeep.
- Cotton mixed bamboo typically makes up to 40% of bed sheets while the other 60% is bamboo rayon. Because of the mix of materials used, it is more durable.
- Genuine Lyocell. The lyocell sheets are famous for being the most durable. The raw bamboo material goes together with a non-toxic solution. When mixed with water, it can be used again which produces a closed loop system. In this way, it’s possible to exclude all traces of toxic agents. The genuine 100% lyocell is hands down, the superior material over rayon.
- Sateen is a weave material used to produce the very best quality high thread bed sheets. The used technique makes a one-yarn under three-yarn. Thanks to this we can see the thick sheets that last longer.
What Are The Benefits Of Bamboo Bedding
Bamboo bed sheets are becoming the go-to choice for consumers who are looking for top quality. This is because of its many benefits:
Breathable Fabric – best bamboo sheets do not hold heat within its fibers. This means users experience less sweating and frustration.
Comfortable – Tell old cotton bed sheets to get lost! The organize bamboo sheets are the most incredibly comfortable and soft to touch.
Eco-friendly – If customers want to find improved comfort, bamboo sheets are a great option. All material is completely natural and harmless. Bamboo sheets are preventative for those suffering allergies. They keep pesky dust mites and bacteria away. This is an amazing option for those fighting diseases that need clean surroundings. Great option for children as well!
What To Look For When Buying Bamboo Bedding Sets?
Readers might wonder what qualities to look for if they want to make the right purchase, as a lot of customers don’t find satisfaction in their purchase. So, here are the main characteristics:
- Antibacterial – prevents sickness.
- Non-toxic – keeps toxins away keeping users in a healthy environment.
- Prevents Dust Mites – keeps small bugs that are too small for the human eye to see out of bed and away from the body.
- % Used in Composition – Customers can know how much bamboo material the item has. For this, they need to check the amount of bamboo versus additional fabrics. In this way, shoppers can avoid false versions on the market.
- Shrinkage Factor helps you know whether the item is prone to shrinking. Some sheets come pre-shrunk so that further shrinkage reduces.
One rule of thumb when shopping for bamboo bedding is to know of the sheets that are already pre-shrunk. Keep an eye out for those that can fit the contemporary mattress of your choice. The top choices are anything from King Single to Mega King.
How Soft Are Bamboo Sheets?
One question to consider is whether your bamboo sheets are 100% authentic or a blend. Keep in mind that the top-quality linens are organic and grown bamboo. The level of softness will tell everything. The organic bamboo sheets are softer than the best cotton linens.
What Thread Count In Bamboo Sheets Is Ideal?
Bamboo sheets are of the softest texture with some made of eucalyptus and hemp. Because of this, many bamboo sheets thread count is 250 to 350. Some organic bamboo sheet sets made of rayon have great quality. Even better than cotton linen of 1000 thread count. By choosing 250 count customers can save money and receive great quality. Purchasing anything more will deem more expensive.
Do Bamboo Sheets Keep You Cool?
Purchasing cooling bed sheets are the best option for many customers. Those who experience night sweats, menopause, or other uncomfortable circumstances prefer it. The cooling sheets keep heat out of the bed and offer ventilation.
How To Find High-quality Bamboo Sheet Sets?
When shopping for the best quality bamboo sheets it is a smart move to check out the details. Look out for important clues. They include thread count, materials used in the manufacturing process. Also, the shrinkage factor and mite resistance are also worth checking.
These factors will help prevent customers from buying a less-than-perfect version of the real thing. Refer to these details to find the very best quality bamboo sheets. And maintaining a decent budget.
Bamboo Sheets vs Cotton
Comfortability – Cotton sheets do have the tendency to be comfortable. They provide breathability. High-quality bamboo sheets, however, have a greater ability to provide comfort. The best thing about this texture is that it does not respond to the human body’s perspiration. All forms of moisture are instantly absorbed. And the sheets stay clean for longer periods of time.
Health – Although cotton sheets are soft, they do not provide health benefits. Bamboo sheets, however, offer many health benefits such as bacterial and mite reduction. This is especially great for those who suffer from asthma and lung problems. Bamboo linens have healing qualities that help improve health issues.
Taking Care Of Your Bamboo Bedding
What contributes to the longevity of bamboo sheets, comforters, and duvet covers? The right caring does. Here are some great tips for how to wash bamboo sheets, even if these are the king-size ones.
Wash in cold water. Bamboo bedding is best to wash in cold water. You may also use warm water. One rule of thumb is to check if the set has been preshrunk. If not, wash new bamboo sheets in hot water so that the fabric shrinks to the proper size.
- Dry using gentle cycle option to ensure the best results. Avoid leaving sheets outdoors to dry.
- Join similar colors. Avoid combining different colors together so that bleeding does not occur. Keep whites, colors, and darks separate at all times.
- Join similar materials. Just like with colors. Keep similar materials together and those that are different separate. In doing so, consumers will avoid premature wear and tear.
- Avoid bleach and fabric softeners in bamboo sheets washing. Bamboo sheets are naturally plush and therefore do not need additional softening. Also, harsh chemicals like bleach or dryer strips will compromise the soft texture. Keep away from fabric additives.
- Stick with organic stain removers. Before washing try spot treating with cleaners. It’s preferable to use those not including harsh chemicals. Try using natural Castile soap with baking soda to the stain instead.